Due to the increasing number of products in the insurance market, it has become challenging to find the best insurance coverage for businesses and individuals. Insurance experts have commonly known as brokers and agents help to bridge the gap between insurance providers and consumers. At DesignTM Health, we are a expert insurance broker committed to helping insurance customers get the most suitable solutions to their insurance needs.
What is an Insurance Broker?
An insurance broker is an individual or business that helps insurance customers get the best coverage at the lowest cost possible. Brokers work with individuals and companies to determine the scope of their insurance needs, which they then use to select the right insurance coverage to meets the client’s needs.
The insurance broker researches various aspects like coverage, price, and the terms and conditions involved. They then provide this information to their clients through advice and recommendations to help them make the right decisions regarding which policy best fits their needs.
What Distinguishes an Insurance Broker from an Agent?
While insurance agents and brokers may sound synonymous, the two perform different roles. Compared to insurance agents who are employees of insurance companies, insurance brokers operate independently and do not work for insurers.
Insurance agents work at the direction of insurance companies, while brokers work on behalf of their clients by offering consultancy services and advice regarding the best insurance policies and providers. The primary goal of an insurance broker is to ensure that the consumers understand the scope of their insurance needs so they can make informed purchase decisions.
Insurance agents have contractual agreements with the insurance companies they represent and are confined to a few coverage options offered by their company. On the other hand, brokers have access to a wide selection of insurance plans from multiple insurance companies. Therefore, an insurance broker is more likely to provide you with suitable and affordable coverage.
Advantages of Using an Insurance Broker
Buying health insurance coverage through a licensed broker like DesignTM Health comes with multiple benefits, including:
- Personalized services – Insurance brokers are clients’ advocates and offer personalized advice and recommendations regarding the right insurance coverage and company.
- Quick Access to support –Insurance brokers are always in close contact with their clients and always endeavor to offer guidance when necessary. Also, if a claim occurs, your broker can assist you by making sure you have the right information to get your claim processed correctly.
- Specialized Health Insurance Knowledge –Health insurance brokers like DesignTM Health have vast knowledge and experience in insurance. Hence, they will help you get the best insurance product in the market to suit your needs.
Hiring the Best Insurance Broker
Considering the technicalities and other challenges associated with searching for health insurance coverage, it is prudent to let an insurance broker hold your hand and guide you through the process. To get the best broker, you need to:
- Find out and compare beforehand the costs and fees associated with each broker. Check if there are additional fees on top of the monthly premiums.
- Confirm all the services offered by the broker– Find out the extent to which they will be involved in your coverage. You need a broker that will guide you from the selection stage through to the claim filing.
- Check and confirm their accessibility—they should be reachable during normal business hours.
- Verify if they are licensed and authorized to offer health policies in your state.
Let a Reputable Insurance Broker Design Your Health Coverage Today
The benefits of working with an insurance broker to purchase your health insurance coverage cannot be emphasized enough. At DesignTM Health, our experts will guide you through the available options in the market to ensure you buy a plan that covers all your insurance needs. Please contact us online or call us directly at (720) 330-2283 to get our top-quality insurance solutions.